Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 19: GALAXY Nails

I had never done galaxy nails before either, so I used Nail Art 101's Tutorial as a starting point. I started with two coats of Ulta - Blue For You. Then, I tore a small piece off of a makeup sponge. I used this piece of sponge to sponge on Pure Ice - Super Star in a diagonal pattern across my nails. 


Then, I sponged on Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - The Real Teal just outside of the white. I also added a little bit of Essie - Sexy Divide, Sinful Colors - Purple Diamond, and Essie - Borrowed & Blue. Then, I sponged on some Pure Ice - Black Rage in the corners, just as Nail Art's Tutorial directed. Finally, I used Milani Nail Art Polish - White Canvas to create white dots that look like stars. 



I like how they turned out before adding glitter (above), but then I decided to see what it would look like if I added some Claire's silver glitter from the Claire's Precious Metals set. 



Finally, I added Claire's - Glitter Top Coat to give me the look below! 


Here are all the polishes I used, in the order I used them.



Check out my tumblr, too!

No comments: