Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 20: WATER MARBLED Nails

I had only lightly experimented with water marbling before today, so it took me a few tries to figure out what polish was most manageable in the water and what design to create in the water. I began by putting tape on my fingers around my nails for easy cleanup. Then, for my first try, I used various combinations of Pure Ice - Super Star, Revlon Top Speed - Royal, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - The Real Teal, Sally Hansen Hard as Nails- Pumping Iron, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Pacific Blue, and Sally Hansen Hard as Nails - Black Heart. Then, I took the tape off and cleaned up the excess polish with a q-tip. I wasn't too pleased with my first try. 


 



Then, I tried again using just Sally Hansen InstaDri - Co-Bolt Blue, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - The Real Teal, and Sally Hansen Hard as Nails - Pumping Iron. These turned out much better. I decided to top it off with Claire's - Glitter Top Coat.








And one last try.... I used Sally Hansen InstaDri - Magenta Motion and Essie - St. Lucia Lilac. Since I didn't do a base coat before the water marble, you can see through to my nails on some of them, but, overall, I think the marbling on these turned out the best. Finally, I decided to top these off with Wet n Wild - Sparked. 







Check out my tumblr, too!

No comments: